Grand Theft Auto VI‘s release has been pushed to May 26, 2026. It was previously set to release at the end of 2025.
Publisher Rockstar Games, a division of Take Two Interactive, explained in a statement to customers that the longer timeline will allow for a better final product. “We hope you understand that we need this extra time to deliver at the level of quality you expect and deserve,” the company said.
“We are very sorry that this is later than you expected,” the statement continued. “We want to thank you for your support and your patience as we work to finish the game.
“We support fully Rockstar Games taking additional time to realize their creative vision for Grand Theft Auto VI, which promises to be a groundbreaking, blockbuster entertainment experience that exceeds audience expectations,” Take Two CEO Strauss Zelnick said in a statement. “While we take the movement of our titles seriously and appreciate the vast and deep global anticipation for Grand Theft Auto VI, we remain steadfast in our commitment to excellence. As we continue to release our phenomenal pipeline, we expect to deliver a multi-year period of growth in our business and enhanced value for our shareholders.”






Leave a comment